Start Your Mortgage Refinance
Alex Lavender helps you get the best rates when you switch lenders to refinance your mortgage.
Alex not only gets your a variety of loans. It’s free! Allowing you to choose the best rates and ensure that you can purchase your dream home. Regardless of your credit score.
Start Your Refinance:
Top 3 Reasons To Refinance Your Mortgage
Lower Interest Rate
- Save money by taking advantage of lower interest rates
- Bankruptcies must be discharged
- Consumer proposals can stay in effect
Access Equity (Cash)
- Refinancing allows you to take out equity
- Up to 80% of your property value (minus debts)
- If you have enough equity in your home
- You may be able to refinance to pay off high interest loans
How To Refinance Your Mortgage
1. Break Your Existing Mortgage
To start your refinancing you will break (exit) your current mortgage and take on a new one with a different lender.
There will be a prepayment penalty when you break your mortgage. Usually around 3 months worth of interest charges. Your mortgage broker will help you determine if a new loan will be worth the cost of breaking your current one.
2. Add a HELOC
A HELOC is a “home equity line of credit”. It gives you access to the equity in your home in the forms of a line of credit. Typically you get a HELOC with a very low interest rate, because it it secured by your home.
If you are wondering how much of a HELOC you are eligible for talk to a mortgage broker to help you out. Or lookup some online calculators, as a general reference.
3. Blend and Extend
Your current mortgage lender may offer you a “blended rate”. Which blends your penalty into your new mortgage rate.
These rates are almost always higher than most competitive mortgage rates. So make sure you use a mortgage broker to find the best rates and lenders available.
Pros and Cons Of Refinancing
A mortgage refinance is an important financial decision that should not be made lightly. While there is the potential to save you thousands of dollars over your term. There are some risks with refinancing that you should be aware of. This summarizes the pros and const of mortgage refinancing.
Pros Of Refinancing
– Getting a lower interest rate and saving money
– Consolidate debt with a lower rate
– Access equity built up in your home
– Swap between variable and fixed rates
Cons of Refinancing
– Paying the penalty may be more than the savings
– Accessing equity puts you into more debt
– Switching rate type might not work out to your advantage
Alex was incredibly helpful throughout the whole home buying process and extremely responsive when we were working with tight timelines. He provided fantastic advice upfront while we were planning, and... read more
October 16, 2021
Look no further...Alex is hands down the best in the business! All the people that helped us out in this company were professional and we were very pleased with the... read more
October 13, 2021
How Our Services Work:
- FREE to use, we work for you, not the banks. Giving you the ability to choose between multiple lenders and compare rates side by side.
- Mortgage expertise, by working with a variety of lenders we have all the experience you need. We’ll do the heavy lifting to let you choose the loan that is the best for you!
- Efficient, we use your information to pull real mortgage approvals from multiple lenders. You can get mortgage rates from all the banks and lenders all in one place.
Meet Our Team:
He takes pride in helping Nova Scotians purchase their first homes, refinance their current homes, or obtain a loan when no other options are available.
Alex listens to your situation and uses the necessary information to provide you with a variety of options from different lenders, including the big banks.
Refinance Mortgage FAQ
What is a mortgage refinance?
Refinancing your mortgage means breaking (leaving) your current loan. Then starting a new mortgage with the same or a different lender.
When should you refinance your mortgage?
You should refinance your mortgage if interest rates have dropped, if you want to consolidate debt, or if you want to access equity in your home. Somethings this can occur if your house has increased in value.
Why should you use a broker to refinance?
Refinancing your mortgage is a great way to lock in lower interest rates. Blended mortgages are typically much higher than the competitive mortgage market. A broker allows you to access the best rates from a wide variety of lenders.