FREE & Fast Mortgages
Alex Lavender works for you not the banks.
Using a mortgage broker is 100% free for traditional mortgages. Plus we can provide mortgage options for any credit score!
Ensuring that you get the lowest rate and the best service is our #1 priority.
Get in touch today or see below for what options we offer.
Get Started Here:
Private mortgage lenders have realized that conservative lending rules by big banks exclude many people who CAN pay back their loans.
That’s where private mortgages fill the gap.
Our private mortgages are typically shorter term 1 – 3 years. This is a great solution for someone needing fast approval and financing for your dream home.
A mortgage refinance can be an ideal option when you want to consolidate debt, take out equity, or obtain funds for renovations or investments. You can access up to 80% of the value of your home and use the funds however you wish.
You may be able to obtain a lower interest rate which could keep your mortgage payments the same or less than you are paying down even with the addition of new funds.
Self Employed Mortgages
We all know Halifax is a city of self starters and entrepreneurs. Big banks tend to have a lot of red tape when it comes to self employed mortgages. Our team can get you a mortgage that fits your entrepreneurial lifestyle.
Getting a mortgage approval has never been easier! Start your application today to get a pre-approval now. Even as an entrepreneur if you’re self employed you can still get a mortgage approval.
They went above and beyond to get us our first home right when we needed it. We are more than grateful for our beautiful home. Alex was there throughout the... read more
March 7, 2022
Alex and his team can be trusted for impeccable service tailored to your individual needs. With have current knowledge and access many lenders so they can help you evaluate which... read more
February 16, 2022
Alex was incredibly helpful throughout the whole home buying process and extremely responsive when we were working with tight timelines. He provided fantastic advice upfront while we were planning, and... read more
October 16, 2021
How Alternative Mortgages Work:
- FREE to use, we work for you, not the banks. Giving you the ability to choose between multiple lenders and compare rates side by side.
- Mortgage expertise, by working with a variety of lenders we have all the experience you need. We’ll do the heavy lifting to let you choose the loan that is the best for you!
- Efficient, we use your information to pull real mortgage approvals from multiple lenders. You can get mortgage rates from all the banks and lenders all in one place.
He takes pride in helping Nova Scotians purchase their first homes, refinance their current homes, or obtain a loan when no other options are available.
Alex listens to your situation and uses the necessary information to provide you with a variety of options from different lenders, including the big banks.
Private Mortgage Types
- Minimum credit score of 600
- Down payment starting at 5%
- Employment required
- House price must be at least $100,000
Contact your mortgage broker today to learn more about getting the best rates.
Private Mortgage Lenders
- Private lenders for your house
- Short term lending solutions
- We provide a large selection of private lenders
- Less than 600 credit score requires 20% down payment
Ask us about the differences between regular and private mortgage lenders.
Purchase + Improvements
- Roll your renovation costs into your mortgage
- Up to $40,000 of renovations
- 120 days to complete the work
- Not available for appliances
Read more about our mortgage plus improvements here.
- Use as little as 5% down
- Alternative lenders that accept your income
- Minimum 650 credit score
Private Mortgage Types
What is a private mortgage?
Private lenders, both individuals and organizations have realized that many people can afford to pay for a mortgage. However the red tape from big bank lending policies prevent them from getting a mortgage. This is where private lenders fill the gap, providing short term mortgages for 1-3 years.
Why should you refinance your mortgage?
People want to refinance their mortgage for all sorts of reasons. The main 3 are:
- Take out equity as cash
- Get a better interest rate or lower payments
- Consolidate debt
If you are considering refinancing you should look into the details because this involves breaking your current mortgage, which costs money to do so.
What can a private mortgage lender do for you?
When traditional loans have too much red tape, private lenders become available. For self-employed mortgages and entrepreneurs these loans can be very helpful.